RE: Walker -Reply

If you are referring to The Chief, his career FT% was somewhere in the
mid 70s.  I would take that from Walker any day.  Walker is shooting
around 60%.  Chief also shot around 55% from the field as opposed to
Walker's 40%.

Walker's main areas in which he needs to improve are FG% (shot
selection), FT%, and turnovers.  Unfortunately he has made absolutely
no progress in the year and a half he has been in the league in these
areas.  His scoring is up simply because his number of shots are up.  He
has improved his defensive rebounding, but he was already a good
rebounder to begin with.  If Walker could shoot 75% from the line, then
teams would be a lot less likely to foul him.  This would make his shots
easier and would increase his FG%.  If Walker would be smarter about
not turning over the ball, then he would be double teamed less which
would further increase his FG%.

>>> "kroberts@asid.org" 01/09/98 09:41am >>>

As for his foul shooting, I can remember another Celts legend who while
collecting three championship rings couldn't hit the rim from the foul line if
he tried, but he sure knew how to play against Kareem. Matter of
fact, I think his number is retired this year. So don't be quick to down
'toine. He deserves better.

Kevin  krobertson@asid.org