Re: Walker

Michael, I agree with much of what you wrote. It is good to see that you
are not entirely partial in your appraisal. The problem is, short of
resigning him, there really aren't that many attractive options left out
there. As I wrote before, there aren't many even value trades to be made
out there, especially considering the fact that the team that gets him
faces the problem of resigning him too. I am of the opinion though, that
he has shown the talent and ability to do what is required of a franchise
player and were we to sign him for a long term contract, it would pay off
as he improves. There's one thing that seriously worries me though - his
FG%. I've never seen a player significantly improve his FG% throughout his
career while scoring the same number of points. FT%, yes, but not FG%.
High percentage shooters were that way from the time the came into the
league. I mean, you name him: Bird, Jordan, Webber, Sabonis, Hill, Willis.
Also, low percentage shooters tend to stay that way: Iverson, Wilkins,
Stackhouse. I sincerely hope he proves me wrong now. -Danny