Re: Walker

Kevin Robertson wrote:

> What do you mean he doesn't make the players around him better? He is
> the leader of the team and though it is only his second year, he is
> showing the capabilities. Just his presence on the court in most cases
> requires a double team, and that provides easy baskets for everyone
> else. Hell, Jordan doesn't make players beter by passing off to them
> (heaven knows he wouldn't do that, look at his shooting percentage)
> and he's one of the best ever.
>
> Not every Celtic can be Larry Bird, so don't push him out of Boston
> because he feels the pressure to be Larry Bird. Don't compare the boy
> to anyone, because he has to find his own identity. He's not Larry or
> Magic or MJ or anyone else. Don't pigeonhole him.
>
> As for his foul shooting, I can remember another Celts legend who
> while collecting three championship rings couldn't hit the rim from
> the foul line if he tried, but he sure knew how to play against
> Kareem. Matter of fact, I think his number is retired this year. So
> don't be quick to down 'toine. He deserves better.
>
> Kevin  krobertson@asid.org

I dont think we are pigeon holing him. What is going on is a simple
comparing of players. We dont want him to be MJ or LB or EJ or anyone
else. We want him to be ANTOINE WALKER.

It is okay to compare players to him. For example, a lot of people
compare Jason Kidd and Stockton, basically because one is young,
starting his career and posting high assist totals while on the other
hand Stockton is near the end of a story book career in which he holds
the assist records.

There are certain similarities in his game to a lot of players, you
should find that he grew up worshipping those guys and has developed
similar skills, taking what he loves out of each player and trying to
adapt it into his own game.

I've often heard Steph Marbury talk about how much of Stockton, Timmy
Hardaway and Gary Payton's games he has taken from. He grew up
worshipping those guys.

Antoine Walker is Antoine Walker. He is not Larry, Magic or Michael.

Peace be with you brother,

Warwick
--
MZ