Re: Losing Walker

> It's true that the B's can offer Walker a tremendous salary but RP is not an
> idiot. I am sure he will trade Walker to some team <something like the Kemp -
> Baker swap> if he realises that he can't sign him.
>                                      - Mishra

That too, kind of worries me. Who would you trade for Walker straight up?
Considering not just the other players skills, but also his contract
length, appropriateness for our team (Please, no more Chris Mills type
deals. We can't afford that mistake in this case) and his age. Of course,
ideally, we sign him and go on. But in the scenerio that we don't, who do
y'all think are good trades for him?

Here are some suggestions:

1. Garnett probably, but his salary is going to effectively throw us out
of the FA market for an eternity.
2. Baker, but he has shown that he needs a good supporting cast to win.
3. Duncan, whose ability to take over a team hasn't been demonstrated,
but a good one nonetheless.
4. Shareef-Abdul Rahim is a good one too, but then we face the same
problem we do with 'Toine of resigning him.
5. Chris Webber will be great, but I don't think Washington's gonna let
him go.
6. Kobe Bryant, I know this is iffy, but he has shown tremendous talent,
and if we get really desperate. We can maybe ask for a multi player trade,
but LA values this guy mighty highly.
7. Grant Hill. Unrealistic, I know. But just throwing out names.

I've named players that have the size and all around skills that we can
potentially build around. But if we are not able to resign Walker, teams
know that we are in a pretty though situation and unless they are
absolutely certain that they are going to be able to resign Walker, they
aren't going to offer us that much. It's going to be tough to get any of
those trades to go, to be sure. So please resign with us, Walker - Danny