Two players

I see two players on the way up, one that would be a possible back-up
for us at point and SG.  First, Dallas' Samaki Walker looks like a first rate
power forward in the making.  Big, with long arms, a powerful player
with a nice jump shot.  Dallas would be crazy to let him go.

Then, there's Shawn Respert of the Toronto "No-tomorrow's".  I've
always like Respert:  he has a nice smile, blazing speed, terrific range on
a great jumper, and, I suspect, desire to prove he can do it.  He's the best
college shooter I've seen in person; got lost in Milw. and is emerging as
an effective second-teamer in Raptor land.

With all the nonsense talk about trades for big men (and I say that
affectionately and without resort to violent language) I suggest we
consider who might back-up Billups next year and trade Dee or Minor for
an up and coming number eight player like Respert.

Gene  (we had two weeks of cool weather around Christmas)