Monday tidbits

A few thoughts and points for a new week.

The Fakers (in my very biased opinion) are very overated.  Losses twice to
the Sixers, Warriors, Cleveland and Boston at Home, and that blowout at
Chicago, when they thought they could rise to next level.  Is is coaching?
They may go far, and they certainly have the talent, but they appear to be
very underprepared at times.  I attended their loss at Portland last month,
and they just seemed to uninterested in playing hard and winning.  A
problem the Pitino led Celtics obviously don't have.

With 3 days rest at home, the Bulls will be tough to beat tomorrow.  THE
game for how far this Celtic team has come is the next day in Washington.
A tough road game, with the Whizzers, on our heals in Division.  IF the C's
can win this game, they have arrived, and there will be no looking back.  I
say Bulls by 10+, and C's in Wash. in a squeker.

How about those 27 minutes last night by Theo Ratliff in LA. 20 points, 10
boards and 8 blocked shots, against Campbell and O'Neal.  With Jackson and
Iverson playing very well together, it appears Brown made a good move,
getting Ratliff, moving Stackhouse, and freeing up some serious cap room.

Lastly with the Austin deal off, thankfully, and Stewart willing to take
anything to stay in Sacramento, the pickings become very thin.  I have
asked before, but who realistically do we want, and can we get to star at
center for this team for the next ten years?  Per Warwicks analysis last
month, no one fits the bill in the established FA class.  I do not want to
move any of the current 4 big starters for this piece.  Though I would love
the defensive minded center, who can move, now to complete the puzzle, I,
as do many others apparently, want to keep the team intact.  We are early
in this process, and it is far too early to break it up for a possibly good
move.  What about a non-star in the CBA or college ranks?  How does Pepper
rate?  Remember Stewart came out of nowhere, and we already proven the
management are a pretty finder of hidden or clouded talent (so far).  Let's
be patient.

As far as the language goes; cursing is out, childish mean sprited putdowns
are still accepted and encouraged (just kidding?).

Have a great week, and let's hope we get over the hump Wednesday night in
DC.

Greg