Re: what the hell?? SHOOT ME

Josh frustratingly wrote:

> Is this fucking insane or what????????

 Yes it is insane.

 Mashburn and Austin for Billups and Mercer.

 I wouldn't trade Mercer for Austin, Mashburn and 3 number 1 draft picks
 let alone throwing in Chauncey and taking away the picks!!! (I know it
 wouldn't work cap wise, just making a point!)

 Rick if you're reading this, please please please dont pull the trigger
 on this trade!

 We're winning, if we need to do a trade, dont move one of the rookie
 guards!!!

 Ron Mercer, Antoine Walker and Chauncey Billups are our future, the 3
 players who the team will be built around. We've already surpassed last
 years win record (WOOHOO!!) and if you need to do trades then trade for
 the pieces.

 Look at the Bulls

 C- Longley   Wennington   Kleine
 PF- Rodman   Caffey
 SF- Pippen   Kukoc        Burrell
 SG- Jordan   Brown        Buechler
 PG- Harper   Kerr

 A top line center doesn't really matter,

They have two tremendous rebounders at power forward. Two good shooters
at small forward who have good all-round games, the greatest shooting
 guard, with a small backup and at point they have a big one with a
great shooter off the bench.

 Now look at the Celtics

  C- Knight   Ellison  DeClercq
 PF- Walker   Rogers   Thomas
 SF- McCarty  Bowen    Jones       Minor
 SG- Mercer   Brown
 PG- Billups  Edney    Barros

 Players I can see moving or getting rid of: Thomas, DeClercq, Minor.

 If we got a mediocre but solid center (eg. Longley, Stewart) it would
 give the C's 3 options on the center.

 Say we  get Stewart and we lose the 3 of them.

  C- Stewart  Knight  Ellison
 PF- Walker   Rogers
 SF- McCarty  Bowen   Jones
 SG- Mercer   Brown
 PG- BIllups  Edney   Barros

 That makes it down to two players that the C's need.

 I think they are a great rebounder, and the shooting point guard
 (Kerresque)

 Power Forward rebounders / blockers / intimidators that will be
available as free agents at '99.

 Charles Outlaw, Jerome Williams, Reggie Slater, Samaki Walker, Otis
Thorpe, Erick Dampier, Lorenzen Wright, Jermaine O'Neal, Vin Baker.

I say that the C's go for these 3 in order- 1: Vin Baker  2: Charles
Outlaw  3: Lorenzen Wright

Good 3-point shooters available in 99 (to come off bench, guards)

Dan Majerle, Mark Price, BJ Armstrong, Eric Piatowski, Steve Nash.

Seeing that Dana's contract ends in 01, I dont think that the C's lack
someone who can shoot. There isn't really much on the youth side except
for Nash, but the Suns will sign him up big. When Dana's contract is up
the C's can sign a free agent guard from the CBA (similar to Matt
Maloney)

What do you guys think of this lineup?

  C- Stewart  Knight   Ellison
 PF- B/O/W    Rogers
 SF- Walker   McCarty  Bowen   Jones
 SG- Mercer   Brown
 PG- BIllups  Edney    Barros

That makes a 14 man roster.

Two players to go are probably Dontae Jones and Bruce Bowen or Pervis.

Warwick