Re: what the hell?? SHOOT ME

The trade that was originally reported by the Sacramento Bee had

Mercer, Billups, and Dee Brown or Dana Barros to the Kings
Mitch Richmond to the Heat
Ike Austin, Jamaal Mashburn, and Billy Owens to the Celtics

According to the Bee, the Celtics backed out because of their concern
about Austin's salary value and The Kings were balking at taking on the
long term contracts of either of the DBs.  I really think that Mercer has
the ability to get off his own shot and should be  a star at the 2, on the
order of a Ray Allen.  Still, Pitino coached both Ron and Mash, so he's in
the best position to judge their games.  Pitino hasn't disappointed us
yet, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt in any of his personnel
moves.

BTW, I'm not sold on Austin.  He had weight problems before last year, and
I'm not sure he'll have the motivation to keep the weight off after he
signs a long term contract.  $5 million a year buys a lot of Twinkies.

One last point.  How can anyone not believe that Antoine belongs on the
All Star team after the way he's played for the past 6 weeks.

****dave

On Sun, 4 Jan 1998, Mike Dynon wrote:

> JOzersky@aol.com wrote:
> >
> > FROM THE HERALD site
> >
> > A three-team deal that has Miami sending reserve center Ike Austin and
> > Jamal Mashburn to Boston in return for Sacramento guard Mitch Richmond
> > may still be in the works.
> > Sources said the teams have spoken about Austin and Mashburn being
> > shipped to Boston, which, would move rookie guards Chauncey Billups
> > and Ron Mercer to Sacramento.
>
> I can understand talking about trading Billups, but DO NOT TRADE MERCER.
> He knows Pitino's system, plays with poise, and is a future All-Star.
> Please, say this isn't true.
>
> Mike Dynon
> North Kingstown, RI

> Are you connected with women's college volleyball? Visit
> this site for a look at a talented potential recruit:
> 	http://www.netcom.com/~mdynon/Diane1.html

	  Dave Wickerham
	  aw623@freenet.buffalo.edu
	  Saratoga Springs, NY