Re: Luc Longley

John Lyell wrote:

> I would not call Luc Longley a major contributor on the Bulls team just a
> man in the middle that could easily be Will Perdue, Scott Williams, Brian
> Williams, Bill Cartwright, etc.  Jordan, Rodman, Pippen and the Paxsons,
> Kerrs &  Armstrong have been the major contributors. From memory Brian
> Williams played better last year in the playoffs.   Longley was a top 5
> pick with Minnesota ? that never really lived up to his draft status.
> Agreed a decent center but nothing spectacular, and not the physical shot
> blocker we need.  And I don't see him fitting in the Celtics running game.

Thats fair enough. I do have games on tape however, that nearly every
game that Luc played against Ewing and Zo in last years playoffs he won
the matchups.

Brian Williams spent a lot of the time at power forward in the playoffs
last year, because, if you can remember Dennis Rodman was mucking around
too much, got a whole heap of Tech fouls and basically played pathetic
basketball.

I've also got it on video where top notch basketball experts (Phil
Jackson, Chuck Daly and a couple of others if I can dish them up!!) have
said that Luc is a great player. Daly went as far as saying that Longley
would be a top 2 or 3 option on 90% of other teams. I think Longley
proved Daly correct yesterday then huh?!?

24 points, 9 rebounds, 8 assists from someone mediocre is pretty fine
and I'm sure Pitino likes that as well. A great passer, good shooter,
size and bulk (7-2, 292), someone who wont take any crap now that Rodman
has taught him :) I'd like the guy even if he wasn't an Aussie.

12.4ppg, 6.3rpg, 2.8apg, 1.34bpg, .464fg%, .744ft%. That sounds alright
to me for what the Celtics need!

Warwick
--
MZ