Re: Antione and the supporting cast

The cap rules are complicated, but isn't this scenario possible for the
four players Casey notes?

1.  Sign Austin as a FA first, hopefully we have enough cap space.  BTW how
much might it take considering the week crop at Center?  How much will it
take to sign Stewart of Sacramento (who might even be better considering
his likely lower value and youth)?

2.  Then re-sign AW at any price based on current cap rules, et al the
Larry rules.

3.  Re-sign Mercer and Billups in the same way in 3 years.  By this time we
will out from under at least a couple of the load bearing contracts for the
big 4, and might have actual cap space to sign a Battie or someone else
from the current rookie class.  Remember also the cap will rise greatly
over the next few years, assuming of course that the whole thing doesn't
blow up under the impending collective bargaining mess.

Am I right on any or all of these matters.  I believe these four players
will get us the top level.