a few stats...

For anyone that's interested:

The Celtics' press is generating a few nice statistics (and helping to win
a few games). The men in green lead the league in steals (360, 12.857 per
game) and forced turnovers (627, 22.393 per game).

Nobody else is even close. The next closest teams in steals per game are
the Cavs (10.571), the Sonics (10.1), and the Nets (10.069). As for forced
turnovers, the nearest contenders are the Nets (19.379), the Cavs (19), and
the Suns (17.852).

The league average is 8.485 steals per game and 16.117 forced TO's.

Obviously, these categories aren't the only ones that count, but it shows
that the Celtics are playing tough defence and working hard. With an
improvement in shooting percentage, they could beat any team on a good
night.

Thanks to everyone who provides game analysis. I don't see any Celtics
games here in Australia, so you're almost all I've got! The Globe's web
site is terrible.

Here's to winning #15 next game!!!

Pete