RE: Sick of Cousy

>You are probably right it is premature to tell, but that's what Pitino and
>Wallace get the big bucks for.  If they can make a move that you think will
>improve the future, you pull the trigger, as they did with the Mills trade.
> They saw he did not fit in the system.  They wouldn't be shopping, and
>possibly showcasing him if they thought he was truly the long term
>solution.  There are too many sources for this to be all rumors and this is
>a business unfortunately.

Well, you're right, that is what they get paid the big bucks for, and that
was my point.  They must have thought Billups was worth the #3 pick, and I
hope that a few months hasn't been enough to change their minds over what
they thought then.  I don't think anybody on this team is or should be
untouchable.  If we were offered the right deal, anybody could be moved.

>But they will not move him unless they don't get exactly what they want.
> They aren't that stupid.
>

>I didn't know Kevin Garnett was a superstar yet, except for financially .
> I would take Guggliotta over him, he is less spectacular, but more
>dependable.

Gugliotta is a very good player as well, but Garnett has pretty much moved
in toward the superstar area (depending on what you consider a superstar -
was Shawn Kemp?).  I wonder about that team, though.  Maybe like the
Wizards, the sum of their parts is less than their individual value.

>True we aren't going anywhere this year, but are we going to wait 3 years
>to find we have another Dee Brown, Michael Smith, Acie Earl, Eric Montross
>?

Well, why not?  I mean, maybe we're going to wait three years and find out
he's Danny Ainge.  Not that he'll be that exact player, but Ainge gave us
all fits for his first few years.  And Montross worked out just fine,
turning into a Maverick first round pick, thank you very much.  Any time
you don't like the Montross pick, look over at Mr. Mercer and think again.

>Actually we could have moved Dee for JR Rider 2 years ago but ML couldn't
>pull the trigger.

Well, I never said ML ALWAYS did the wrong thing.  I'm plenty happy to have
Dee Brown riding the bench than JR Rider.  Dee is less likely to cause
internal problems and distractions, if nothing else.  I don't think either
of them have a lot of trade value.

By the way, I agree that Walker isn't going anywhere, as long as the
Celtics can afford him.  He is going to be a bigtime star, and he is
getting there now already.  His shot selection is highly questionable, but
I think Pitino is finally working on that with him.  He is a talent that
you build a championship team around.  We need other good players, but I
wouldn't trade him without getting MAJOR talent in return.