announcers in general

I was looking back over this thread, and it reminded me how dissatisfied I am
with basketball announcers not named heinsohn, gorman, or cousy.  Costas is
terrible -- I guess he knows something about the game, but he is so precious
and annoying, and thinks he is such a wit.  Typical corporate wetboy.  The
smartest is Hubie Brown, but his voice makes Cousy sound like Mel Torme.  The
worst in America is Dick Stockton, a true company man who doesn't know
anything except how not to offend his bosses, and provides so much white
noise on TV.  Isiah's disappointing.  For some reason, the three best people
are all glued to halftime anchor desks.  Cheryl Miller, who we've talked
about; Vescey, who knows five times more about what's going on in the league
than everyone else combined; and John Salley, who is really good if you
haven't seen him.

josh