re: Pitino/Antoine

Hi,

In one of the Rick Pitino shows, Pitino talked about how he handled his
players. Actually it's very common sense. He will criticize his players
only when they are up, because at that point, they can accept it and
know it's good for them. Pitino is very careful of utterance, so I really
don't worry about his relationship with his players.

On the other hands, if a player doesn't want to come because he doesn't
like Pitino style. What can we do? not getting that player or replace
Pitino. Currently, I don't see a player worth that.

In the Rick Pitino shows on the week that Celtics beat Knick in the
Fleet center, the moderator Bob Lobel said RP told his friend after a
previous Celtics-Knick game in NY, which Celtics lost, that with a few
changes, he couldn't see why Celtics could not beat Knick. But I remember
in the press after that NY game, RP said Knick is such a talented team
that they can beat Celtics without Ewing, even without another body or
two. Isn't it scary? what he said in the press were all for the revenge
in the Fleet Center. I'm glad Paul Gaston paid him to be on the Celtics
side rather than having him in another team.

About championship, I think it has been said more than once that the
coach can get a team into playoff, but to win a championship, it all
depends on the players -- both their talent and their will.

-ian