RE: Antoine's $$$

Cecil stated:

> I agree about Toine's potential, but don't you think that, right now, his
> team leadership is rather suspect?  If I am a GM, when contract time
> surfaces, I'd be sure to raise his whopping 21/gm shot attempts to get
his
> points and that his fg% is terribly low in comparison to all the other
top
> forwards in the game.
>
> As for the "ball hog", Kobe Bryant, he averages 12.8 shots/gm and
averages
> 17.5 pts.  Toine averages 20.8 shot/gm to average 21.7 pts.  Who hogs the
> ball?

Cecil makes a good point that our franchise player barely shoots 40% and is
probably in his low 30's from beyond 15 feet, and 28% on 3's & 66% on free
throws !  66% on free throws loses close games for you.  There are a lot of
players that could average 20 a game if they could take 20 shots.
Unfortunately as Paul stated guys like Wallace & Brian Grant are getting
$10M or more for less and in the end the fan pays like when the Lakers
raised there ticket price from something like $12 to $21 for the cheap
seats after signing Shaq.  It sucks but I guess the C's will make a
decision on his worth or move him like McDyess or Smith.  I heard that from
the 95 rookie class I believe,  13 of the top 15 picks have changed teams,
not a good sign for the NBA.