Re: Antoine's $$$

-----Original Message-----
From: Shailendra K. Mishra <skmishra@dlsun660.us.oracle.com>
To: skmishra@dlsun660.us.oracle.com <skmishra@dlsun660.us.oracle.com>;
damekmo@teleport.com <damekmo@teleport.com>; celtics@igtc.COM
<celtics@igtc.COM>; cecil@hfx.andara.com <cecil@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Tuesday, February 24, 1998 6:34 PM
Subject: Re: Antoine's $$$

>> From cecil@hfx.andara.com Tue Feb 24 14:05:27 1998
>
>This was his second game with Anderson at point. In games with Billups at
point
>Walker played the point forward most of the time.

Mishra, my friend, we're gonna have to agree to disagree.  If Toine has
played point forward all the while Billups played the point, does it not
stand to reason that he would by this time know how to execute a 3 on 2?
That is a fundamental drill that every experienced player has done hundreds
and hundreds of times.  TOINE WAS SELFISH on that particular play at least.

>> The statement has nothing to do with who has the more capable teammates,
but
>> who hogs the ball.
>
>Yes it has, will Antoine still keep the ball if he has shaq as teammate?

Based off of recent play, YES HE WOULD.

>If we get anybody of consequence who is a legitimate inside threat, I have
no
>doubt in my mind that Walker's shot selection and Fg% will improve. With no
help
>even Grant Hill is shooting 44% and that's an improvement because not so
long
>ago it was 42% and he has Brian Williams. Who do we have?

I'd happily 42% shooting from Toine.  Right now he's forcing  bad shots
which is to the detriment of the team.  Who's Garnett's inside presence?
He's shooting .490%.  Toine's % will increase as he starts to take more
intelligent shots.  Though he may not be surrounded with the finest cast of
characters in the league, there is enough talent, so that if they play as a
united team, they'll win their share of games, like they did earlier in the
season.  Wasn't it their team play which allowed them to defeat Seattle?
Bowen's D, Barros' O, Anderson's distribution, Toine's assists?

>> Who would you rather have on the line in the last minute of a close
contest,
>> Toine or Kobe?
>
>Definitely Antoine he has won games for us with ball in his hand in the
last
>minute. Kobe gets pushed around when the focus is on him.

I'm talking about who would you rather see at the free throw line late in
the game, Walker or Bryant?

>> As far as fairness in stats comparison, you forgot that Bryant shoots
.452
>> fg% to Toine's .399, .361% to Toine's .281% on 3 ptrs and .789% to
Toine's
>> .659 in ft%.
>
>I am conceding that Kobe is shooting higher FG%, but Kobe has Shaq. It is
much
>easier for a guard or a forward to shoot a higher FG% when the middle is
clogged
>and the ball is kicked out or passed to weakside for a scoring opportunity.
>                                  - Mishra

It is also more palatable for teammates to recognize that when an individual
doesn't have it going offensively, that he will concentrate on other areas
of his game instead of heaving it up there time after time aimlessly.  Toine
did this the other night with his passing in Seattle.  He can do the same
thing off the boards and with shot blocking.  He has a complete game,
SOMETIMES.

Cecil