Re: Antoine's $$$

>> From cecil@hfx.andara.com Tue Feb 24 14:05:27 1998
>

>> I was being one dimensional because the comment revolved around Bryant being
>> called a ball hog.

Cecil, sorry, I didn't make myself clear. I wrote "ball hog," placing the
phrase in quotes trying, badly apparently, to signal that this is an often
stated description of Bryant's game by others on the list and the media.
I've often heard him called a "ball hog." I also placed it in quotes to
signal that these aren't my words, my thoughts. I don't think he's a ball
hog at all. Who would you rather see shooting the ball at the end of games,
Bryant, Eddie Jones, or Shaq. The first will either hit an unbelievable
shot or shoot an airball, the second will have a play called for him and
pass it or shoot an airball, and the third will get fouled and shoot an
airball. I brought up Bryant to address your comment about Walker still
having a lot to prove. So does Bryant but he's going to get a ton of money.
Have you noticed his game has also suffered since the break. Rasheed
Wallace still has a ton to prove, and I would argue, much more than Walker.
The kid plays under zero pressure by the way. And he got a ton of money.
And I agree that Walker doesn't have a complete game yet. But he's also the
only one of the three who HAS to play well every night, and play hard every
night, and play major minutes every night, and excel at every facet of the
game every night (to make up for other players' deficiencies) just to give
their team a CHANCE to win.  He's 21. He's in a funk. It happens. If the
Celtics get Walker for $10 mill. or under, your original point was that
he's not worth 10-20 mill. I'll get down on my knees and sing Pitino's
praises. But...I just don't think it's going to happen. But...nice
discussion. Liked it a lot. One more point...I love selling this one. Grant
Hill. Great player. Great all around skills. Fantastic numbers. At the end
of close games. Clank...pass...turnover...clank. The best 36-40 minute
player in the league. Walker in four years? 48 solid minutes of an
unbelievable game.

Paul