Re: Pitino/Antoine

At 05:10 AM 2/24/98 PST, you wrote:
>>The problem I see, is his continual running criticism of the players
>>throughout the game, like " Great shot Walter! We really needed that!
>>when McCarty threw up an air ball. Could you imagine trying to
>>function with your boss sitting over your shoulder and making
>>sarcastic comments on every movement you made?

I'm a huge Pitino fan, but on the recent road trip (I believe
it was the Sacramento game), watching on TV38, I think the
microphones must have been closer to the floor.  You could
totally hear Pitino just about the whole game yelling something
(good & bad) as though he were part of the commentating team
with Cousy & Heinsohn.

I had never realized how constant and vociferous coach P's
involvement was during a game.  After a while, it got down right
annoying hearing it in the background every second of the game.
I love the guy, but he never shut up the whole game!

I do think he's going to need to make an adjustment over an 82 game schedule
if nothing more than for saving his cords.  I can't really
blame a player for getting weary of that part of his coaching although
obviously he brings a lot more to the table than that.

- KK