RE: Celts Beat(!!) Sonics: Boston 106- Seattle 96

Thanks, Bill, for the usual excellent coverage. Did you get to see the
game against the Trail Blazers - I ask because I want to know if
Anderson had a solid game or not - inspite of the blow-out?

I read the article by Shaughnessy on Dee and am surprised to find my
feelings being echoed so closely. Dee was my most favourite player after
Reggie, and I was hoping he would step in after the latter's untimely
death to lead the Celtics forward. Too bad that didn't happen. I have
seen a couple of posts lately that accuse the Celtics of staying pat for
the last 10 years, doing nothing to improve their position, etc. While
some mistakes have been made, untimely deaths and an unwilligness to
break up the greatest frontcourt in the history of the game contributed
to the position in which we find ourselves. I certainly don't regret
Bird, McHale and Parish not being traded - we expressed our gratitude to
them for yeoman services by allowing them to finish their careers here.
Jerry West has certainly made good moves (drafting of van Exel and
plucking Shaq out of Orlando), but he hasn't had the same misfortune
that the Celtics did. Had Shaq been treated right by Orlando, the Lakers
would still be floundering, but hey, we should have stopped paying big
money to mediocre players (one of the bone-headed moves we did make).

Let's hope we can land the right power forward and centre to take us to
the next level. Maybe Travis Knight can fill the former role, if we find
someone else to take up the latter? He might have to eat all his meals
at MacDonald's to do so, but dash it, can't the guy beef himself up?

venkat