Globe on the trade and more

In todays Globe Michael Holley comments on the much debated trade
of Billups ........ and honestly [even though I loved to keep
Billups] it makes real sense. The Holley comments are that when
Billups & Mercer becomes free agents at the same time [same year]
there was no way for Pitino to satisfy both the contracts/deals.
Now that they have Anderson for some 5 years, Pitino has to get
Walker deal next year and then Mercer next year, much easier than
2 in the same year.

Also the salary cap gain could not be ignored. And the fact that
Anderson cannot be flawed for just one bad year [that is this season].

Let us hope that the victory over Seattle was not a fluke but a
glimpse of good days or years to come.

				Sashi

PS : Even though I am not convinced, the CBS Sportsline expert
Mike Kahn, ESPN's Worthy etc. think that Celts were real winners
in this trade. Only Dave Alessandro of Sporting News thinks that
Celts got the bad deal in this.......

I hope in the long run Celts made a good deal [just like the
Parish & DJ deals earlier in our glorier days !!]