RE: billups as 2 guard

If he stays at the point he may be the next Pearl Washington or Pooh
Richardson.  The point mentality is not there, and usually you don't see
players learning it at this level.  Maybe he is just a very slow starter
and will turn out to be a Payton type. On the right team he could fit in ,
with other players who have the ability to make their own shots, as Dennis
Johnson was not a perfect point, but time will tell.  But from my memory
most top points, Stockton , Payton, Thomas, Marbury, Anderson, Magic, and
currently Bibby & Baron Davis,   show in college that they have the floor
leader mentality, sense of court awareness,  & ability to thread the lane
on smart passes . This is what Cousy & Heinsohn kept stating they did not
see in Billups, and many others at all levels did not either.  Not to say
he can't mature into this type of player with some hard work and under the
right tutelage.  I think playing under a veteran point for a year or two
like Nash was able to do would be better for his development than thrown to
the wolves for OTJ.

.