RE: Next signing

Either would be excellent additions to the Celtics, but the defensive big
man is the major need .  Baker scored at will last night as will Shaq & Zo.
 The teams we will probably be competing against in 3 years will probably
be LA, Phoenix, Seattle, Miami, New Jersey ? Is it better to add a proven
scorer like Baker or Guggliotta and know you will give up points at the
center position ?  It has worked for Chicago , but you better get enough
consistent production out of the others. I don't recall Pitino ever playing
Anderson and Barros together in the backcourt last night.  I don't think we
can we do this without getting posted up all night at the defensive end
against the like of Payton, Bryant,  & Jason Kidd ?

I think Vin really likes it in Seattle and unless they have some big
personnel changes, he will probably stay. but you never know.

On Saturday, February 21, 1998 4:00 PM, Cecil Wright
[SMTP:cecil@hfx.andara.com] wrote:
> There had been considerable interest in signing Gugliotta via free
agency.  Where does everyone stand now that his season is over with surgery
sceduled for his ankle?  Are we still interested in Vin Baker?  We couldn't
sign them both, could we, at least not without including someone else in a
package.  What's a mother to do?