M.L.

CeltsSteve writes:

"M.L. took a bullet for the organization and he did it with alot of
class. To think anything otherwise is sheer folly."

I'm glad there are knowledgeable fans out there that understand M.L.'s
role.  I'm not saying all his moves were great--he had a couple of major
blunders but no one in the media gives him his just due for a move that
will one day rival the McHale/Parish coup. . .Walker/Mercer for
Samaki/Montross.  In addition, his coaching the team was not the
self-serving appointment that most people accused him of.  He was simply
biding time, taking losses on the chin until they could move on a real
coach.  I love to see M.L. at the games and when we win the championship,
know that M.L. placed the first few bricks.

Goggin in Cincinnati