RE: re Comments on Travis

On Fri, 20 Feb 1998, John Lyell wrote:

> Amen !  This is a business .  Unfortunately there is no longer any player
> loyalty, so why should there be any from the teams.   You make the moves,
>  as Rick has definitely done this year, to make your team better.  He has
> made more moves this year than we have in the last 10, and we are 2-3 moves
> away from reaching respectability again.  I originally thought it would
> take 5 years, but the way he has been wheeling & dealing it may happen in
> 3-4.

IMO we have already reached respectability.  This is the best Celtic
group in the past few years, we've played almost everyone tough, though
we haven't beaten them all yet.  But we have beaten 3 of the top teams in
the league in Chicago, Lakers and Seattle.  Losing to some of the weaker
teams could be attributed to the immaturity of such a young team, i.e.
are they getting enough rest on the road trips, are they eating properly
etc.

Cecil