Re: Pitino

> >If there is anything I have learned about Rick Pitino since he joined
> the
> >Celtics, it is that you cannot trust anything this guy says.
>
> You are entitled to your opinion Tim, but I think that you are
> over-reacting.  Maybe you will feel better when he gets the C's another
> banner in the next 3 years.

I must agree here.  None of us, that I know of, has a personal relationship
with RP.  Many posts have called him a liar, etc.  Pitino does what any
good businessman would do (ie Pat Riley, Kevin McHale), position himself
with his words.    We don't have a good enough team to get so emotionally
involved.  Almost every response I heard on this list last year talked
about how losing was terrible, and longing for the championship days.
    Again, RP is a proven winner, everywhere he has been.  He also must
find people is is comfortable coaching and who fit his system.  If Kenny
Anderson fits that mode, then so be it.
    I am very surprised that, after all of the complaints I've seen on
Billups, there are nearly as many complaints about his (and Dee's !)
leaving.