More on the Anderson trade.

I don't know what affected the team the most, but the Celts' ballmovement
and unselfishness last night was a joy to see and watch.  It was as if a
monkey had been removed from their collective backs.  What could the
reasons for this be?

Here are some answers I might throw out as possibilities or contributors:

1) No Billups and no Brown means better ball movement.  Both players loved
to yo-yo.

2) The weight of potential trades has been lifted.  Everyone probably
relaxed, at least a little bit, and just played.

3) Vancouver was in chaos as well, and just let the C's have their way.

Whatever it was, I wonder why it hadn't happened before.

Reasons to like the trade:

1) Kenny Anderson, at his best, is a much better point guard than I think
Billups will ever be.  Not saying that Billups won't be a helluva player, I
just  doubt he'll ever be a helluva point guard.

2) Here's betting that Pitino can tap Anderson's potential.  If anyone can,
it's Rick.  And hell, if he can teach Dana Barros to play defense, he can
teach anyone.

3) Dee Brown and his contract are gone.  No matter how well he played, he
had no place on this team.

4) Cap room.  Even if we only now have $4 mil under the cap this summer
(and I think it will end up being closer to $6-$7 mil, but I'm guessing)
that is a $50+ mil contract for some lucky free agent.  Is that Austin
Money?

5) Hopefully Dontae Jones will get to play.

6) If Anderson works out, his contract will be a bargain, and have locked
up one of their best players long term.

Reasons to not like the trade:

1) The #3 pick in the draft was traded for a risky, long-term contract with
the rep of a troublemaker.  Glad Pitino likes him.

2) If Anderson doesn't work out, his contract makes Dee Brown's look like
chump change.

3) We lose John Thomas.  It wrenched my heart to read in the Globe that he
was crying at the news of the trade.  We lost a decent player, and a real
good guy.  I wish him well.

4) He couldn't lose Greg Minor as well, or get either Trent, Wallace, or
Camby as well.

We'll see what happens.  I am somewhat optimistic that it will work out,
and that hopefully we'll be able to acquire both a forward and a center
this year in the draft and scratch another weak contract (Minor, Knight).

Here's to a strong stretch run.

Chris