RE: Billups

I think you are correct.  Only time will tell if this was a good deal.  If
Anderson can return to the point that came out of college, it will be a
great deal for us.   Land a real big man and another outside scorer,  and
with the development of Mercer, Walker , Knight, Bowen, & McCarty,  we
could have the workings of a pretty talented team with decent depth.
  Although our defense causes problems why do we give up career nights to
guys like Anthony Johnson & Sam Mack ?

On Wednesday, February 18, 1998 7:20 PM, ramani_rite@lnmta.bentley.edu
[SMTP:ramani_rite@lnmta.bentley.edu] wrote:
> In the beginning of the season I said that Billups will have transitional
> problems from college to pro. I said what we need to speed up the time
for
> him to be comfortable on the court is to have a veteran leadership on the
> team (Dee, Dana excluded) I also remember someone saying that Pitino is a
> good coach and he will be the "veteran player" of the team. How much can
> the coach do other than scream from the sidelines?
>
> I guess the question is did Pitino do enough to help Billups be
comfortable
> on the court? Did Pitino expect too much too fast from Billups? Does
Pitino