the deal

If the deal is done (and it's gotten quiet in the p.m.) then, as a charter
member of the "keep Chauncey" club, I can accept it.  I'm not worried
about the head of Kenny Anderson, as long as his legs hold out;  I don't
think there's any question of his offensive abilities.  Can he slow down
Iverson and Hardaway? or even Wesley??  I hope so.  It just seems that
Pitino shared the reluctance of some on this group about Chauncey.  I'll
accept that judgment.

We're going to like Popeye Jones.  I saw lots of him with Dallas; he's a
genuine, hard working backup who can rebound and score a little.
Tabak I will leave to those who have seen him play.

If the deal is done, then it's on to the draft, still needing a SF and C.
There's no doubt that Philly and NJ  have upped the ante considerably.

Cheers,   Gene