It's official

I don't really like this and have been a Chauncey supporter from the start and I think this will come back to haunt us. I'm not sure yet how Andersons contract affects our cap yet (i've heard different figures). I hope I'm wrong but if we don't make the playoffs I'll be really pissed. Giving up on Billups or Mercer IMO should have only been done for immediate serious improvment. I feel like dumping Dee's contract is pretty much negated by Anderson's and that Billups potential and Anderson's attitude outweigh the benefits he (KA) brings. (maybe another deals coming?)

---

                         Anderson going to Boston

                         Disgruntled point guard part of 7-player deal

ATLANTA (CNN/SI) -- Holding firm to his promise he would not report to the Toronto Raptors, Kenny Anderson now is headed to Boston as part of a seven-player deal, CNN/SI has learned. The trade will be announced late Wednesday and is contingent on all players passing physicals.

Anderson goes to Boston along with Raptors center Zan Tabak and forward Popeye Jones. In return, the Celtics ship guards Dee Brown and Chauncey Billups, center/forward Roy Rogers and forward John Thomas north of the border.

Both Billups and Brown were in the original starting lineup , but neither played in the Celtics' 102-99 loss to the Sacramento Kings Tuesday night.

Anderson refused to report to Toronto after being traded to the Portland Trail Blazers for Damon Stoudamire. Stoudamire had 12 points, eight rebounds, 6 assists in his first game since the trade.

Ken Kokubo
UIS/Harvard University
617.496.8151