A Sad Day

To me, today is probably the saddest day in what was becoming a very bright
future for the beloved Green and White.  I often wonder if Ricky's trying
to become George Steinbrenner.  I have backed up everything that he has
done, trusting him because I followed what he did at Kentucky as well as
read about what he did with Providence and the Knicks.  But, why destroy
the formula of a good team, great young players with a lot of talent grow
together and become an indestructible unit.  That is what we had, I
honestly believe (I know that this feeling is not shared by many) that
Chauncey was possibly the best point guard that we have had in a very long
time.  Now, we have Kenny Anderson, who after 7 years has seen his prime
come and go, last year he was quite good, however he has pretty much been
really terrible this year.  I don't know, he might regain his old form but
I would rather have kept Chauncey.  Now, everyone will see what I've been
talking about since we drafted him, that Chauncey will be a premier point
guard, only now he will make his impact faster because he won't be
constricted to having to learn "Ricky Ball", he can play his game, and with
Tracy McGrady, Toronto will have a good team shortly.  I hope that we end
up dumping Anderson off to someone else, however I don't see that
happening, this is truly a sad day....for me at least.

Mike