Re: Announcers

Ken Kokubo wrote:

> I always thought it was just a built in bias of mine and that I couldn't get past the fact that I hate Thomas. But the other day an NBC game was on and I was in the other room wondering who the hell they were letting do the game as it was some of the most god awful drivel I have ever heard coming from a basketball announcer. Of course, when I turned the corner Isiah's face flled the screen. I consider that double blind enough for me ;^)
>
> >I don't mind Cousy or Walton....they're colorful anyway and generally
> >harmless with their words.  The one that really bugs me is Isiah Thomas. Is
> >it just me or is he TERRIBLE? For some reason he just rubs me the wrong
> >way. I really want to hear others assesment of him because I can't really
> >listen to him anymore.

Zeke is the worst IMO and alot of others as well! The Local morning guys
here in Phoenix the First Team (Mike Golic & Bruce Jacobs) play a
hilarious Isiah Soundbite from a Bulls game that aired on NBC a few
weeks back that is unintelligible! All the words are 5 letters or less
with alot of non words in the mix. It is terrible to hear an otherwise
intelligent man sound so well insipid trying to sound cool.Walton at
least will point out things and isn't afraid to form an opinion. Bills
work on the Paper Clip games is actually quite good and I catch him
saying alot of good things about Boston , The Celtics and former C
teammates which makes me liking him easier!! Lastly I don't see Thomas
long for his role with NBC and if he does stay he must have pictures of
some high muckity muck! Later.Mike