Re: Making the All-Star Game Worth Winning

>	Is there some way to make the NBA All-Star Game more relevant?  As
>we are
>all painfully aware, players mostly coast through the All-Star contest,
>tying to avoid injuries.  Real hoop fans find these games rather boring and
>meaningless.

The game is meaningless, and thats the way its supposed to be.  I think the
players want to win, but really, its just a chance every year to see
Michael and Grant Hill play together, etc.  As for the players coasting, at
least they show up!  The NFL All-Pro game is truly a joke, as big name
stars don't bother to show up for fear of injury, and it is the most
anti-climatic show possible, being one week after the Super Bowl.  The
all-star game is boring to many fans, maybe most, but what the heck?

Matt