Encouraging News

It hasn't been stated on this list so I thought I would do it. I've heard
many reports lately (radio, tv and print) that say that...

1. Antoine Walker wants to be a Celtic his whole career.
2. Ron Mercer and Chauncy Billups want to play together their whole career.

Analysis. This is either naive, young players talking or genuine, sincere,
salt-of-the-earth (employee #8), humble guys who truly enjoy playing
together and have bonded. I personally love to hear this kind of talk
because I also believe that Pitino has an influence here. He can show these
players that moving around doesn't always enhance your career...sometimes
it's just the opposite.

I believe that in time, this young crew will be great. It can only get
better. The only thing that will screw this plan up is money...if and when
any of the three get greedy or foolish. I think Pitino will show them that
chasing the banner is more important than chasing the cash....AND, in the
end, if everything goes well, you can have both.

I can't wait for these guys to get older, better, wiser, and win more!

Theresa (one small yellow furry farm animal who loves the Celtics) ; )