Re[6]: VISIONS OF ML CARR...

     OK if that's true than I am the king of Siam and have a cup of Larry
     Bird's stored sweat, Chief's leftover dinner from 1987, a picture of
     Danny Ainge's 8th grade girlfriend, Brad Lohaus' deed to his house,
     Marty Conlon's used razor, Kevin McHale's boxer shorts, KC Jones can
     opener, and Ed Lacerte's Playboy magazine.  Listen I don't really care
     how much memorabilia you have or how many games you went to, it
     doesn't make you a bigger fan than anyone else in the group, it just
     means you have more money than a majority of us.  It is one thing to
     be ticked off if someone were to say that Bird's career scoring
     average was less than say Nate "Tiny" Archibald's but to get worked up
     on an error on who the Celts will be playing is really pathetic.  That
     being said I am starting to believe all that stuff you said about
     yourself is true.  My point in my initial letter was that the Celts
     need to win the next few games against the weaker West teams in order
     to stay in the playoff race.  How does making an error in who the
     Celts play (Warriors, Portland) make my statement false?  I suppose
     the Warriors will be the largest threat in the Celtic's path right?
     Or because Portland is over .500 the Celts have no chance at them
     (then how does that explain Chicago, Detroit, Charlotte, LA, New York,
     etc.)?  Let me pose this question.  Being the "true" Celtic fan you
     are, which statement is more outrageous?

     1) Pervis Ellison is a better center than Bill Russell ever was.

     2) The Celtics will be playing the Lakers next week(when it's actually
     Golden State).

     If you say that they're both equally offending to you then you are not a
     Celtic fan but actually a Celtic freak who should be locked up in a mental
     ward.