Pitino & Calipari...Questions??

Just thought about comparing Pitino's work with Celts vs Calipari with
Nets....the reason being that if we needed we could have gotten Calipari
as the Celts coach.

Calipari has done a good job with Nets [even being mentioned by experts
as a coach of the year candidate] even before VanHorn started rolling.
His style of play is what impresses me as a coach to take his team far
up the ladder. He has Van Horn, Kittles, Jayson W, Cassel [??] , Gill
etc. as decent players. And arguably has done a good coaching job.

Pitino is good and quite charismatic...but will his crazy style of
bball lead us to the promised land ? I know that we will keep getting
better and better with time.....but the consensus from press experts
around the league is that Pitino's frantic style of play will wear out
players sooner than normal. Also other coaches seem to think that it
could be disected and remedied by opposing coaches, like what Hanzlik
did yesterday [ certainly aided by Celts pathetic shooting].

So is Pitino & his hefty salary a mistake in the long run ?
Or a better shooting team and an offense with better shot selection
and built around Walker & Mercer prove Pitino to be the saviour in the
years to come ??
Just some questions because our past success during the Russell, Cowens
& Bird era sets much higher standards than normal.

				Sashi

*** Early in the season Larry Bird said in the SLAM magazine that his
first choice for the Celtics coach was Roy Williams of Kansas because
of the discipline and simple style of play by Kansas team, closely
resembling NBA style....but Williams wanted to stay in Kansas.