Re: Fwd: 2-ball

>I am sure that I will get flamed for this, but why do we have to have
>the women at the (mens)NBA All Star game?  I also like hockey, but we
>don't see a hockey and basketball skills competition, do we?  Since we
>are pushing for something for everyone, why not add an event with some
>college players, as well.  oh, what about the CBA...?

I think you'd agree that the WNBA is at least somewhat more closely related
to the NBA game than the NHL, yes?  Of course, as has been pointed out,
this was almost certainly primarily motivated by the desire of the NBA to
promote the WNBA.  And there is nothing inherently evil about that,
although some anti-capitalists might get upset.  Basically it comes down to
the fact that the NBA can do whatever it wants with this event, it is
theirs, and they thought this was the best use for it.  Personally, I
didn't see the 2-ball game, but I can't imagine how it could be more
irrelevant or boring than the slam-dunk contest had become.  I can
understand your frustration in something being added to the All-Star
weekend which does not interest you at all.  But still, the
"crammed-down-my-throat" complaint (which others used, not you, that I
noticed) doesn't really float.  Just flip the channel.

>This comment does not make me a sexist, but if you want to consider me
>one, I don't mind.

You're definitely right on two counts, that this does not in any way make
you a sexist, and that lots of people will probably consider you one
anyway.  At least you and any sensible person will know the truth.

Matt