RE: An interesting take on rumored trades.

On Saturday, February 07, 1998 1:26 PM, Shailendra K Mishra
[SMTP:smishra@ix.netcom.com] wrote:

> > Cedric Ceballos
>
>    Look for him to go somewhere for draft picks and a waivable chump.
>

> Dee Brown for Cedric ?  Cedric could give us another scorer at the 3 spot
to help A.W.

> Brent Barry
>
>    Doesn't want to stay in Clipperland, and the Clippers don't want to be
> left empty handed when he leaves. He's almost certainly gone by the trade
> deadline.

Same as above, and Barry can spell Chauncy at the point.

> Tom Gugliotta
>
>    *gasp*! Minnesota... trading Googs? But Googs is a stud! Yes, and
he'll
> command studly dollars in free agency, which leads the Wolves further
down
> a positively Orlando Magic-esque salary situation, especially when it
> comes time to make Marbury a deal. My guess is they'll deal Googs and
bite
> the bullet as the price to pay for retaining Kevin Garnett *and* Stephon
> Marbury.
>
> If we are going to give up Knight & Mercer we should at least try for
Gugliotta !  With The T-wolves beaking the bank on garnett & Marbury, all
they can afford is some reasonably priced role players.

With the rookie talent Cleveland has could we get Sura from them for Brown
or Minor or  Jones ? Sura's career reminds me a lot of Rex Chapman, quiet
in the first few years,  who many on the list weren't interested in  when
he was an FA a few years ago, but now would love to have now, and knows
Pitino well being neighbors.

On Saturday, February 07, 1998 1:26 PM, Shailendra K Mishra
[SMTP:smishra@ix.netcom.com] wrote:
> Here is a very interesting take on the rumoured trades from a post
> rec.sport.basketball.pro. - Mishra
>
> > Well that was articulately worded.
>
> > Anyway, here's a list off the top of my head of
> > players I've heard rumored in various trades this
> > season.  Many of these players are probably no
> > longer on the market, if they were really even
> > on the market to begin with, but this is at least
> > a set of names that have been bandied about.
> > There's more I'm forgetting I'm sure.
>
> > Kenny Anderson
>
>    ... Paul Allen has reportedly offered to pay the balance of what he's
> owed on his Portland contract (many millions for many more years) to send
> him to Toronto for Stoudamire. For his part, Kenny said there's no how,
no
> way he's ever going to play in Toronto. Ah, the games moody emotional
> multi millionaires play.
>
> > Isaac Austin
>
>    Miami wants to perform some stunning NBA alchemy by transforming an
> over acheiving backup center into Mitch Richmond. The Celtics killed this
> three way trade last time (since it would require Chauncey Billups and
Ron
> Mercer to go to Sacramento and receive only Jamal Mashburn (!) in return.
>
> > Chauncey Billups
>
>    Reportedly, he's off the trading block,  but we all know how that
> works.
>
> > Marcus Camby
>
>    Anyone who's interested in trading for Marcus Camby should call the
> Boston Celtics. They'll be glad to make a deal for their Marcus Camby...
> his name is Pervis Ellison.
>
> > Elden Campbell
>
>    The most obscenely overpaid Laker since AC Green. Even Hot Rod
Williams
> [...]
> observer.
>
> > Matt Maloney
>
>    His stock has gone down, as have all of his relevant statistics.
> Sophmore slump, perhaps.
>
> > Antonio McDyess
>
>    Earlier in the season, the McDyess experiment wasn't working out. His
> minutes were erratic, and his play inconsistent. That's all changed, and
> both parties seem to be happy. Ceballos is almost certainly gone, but I
> wouldn't be surprised if Phoenix (who will be one of the teams with the
> most to spend on free agents this summer) retains his services for the
> long haul.
>
> > Tracy Mc Grady
>
>    Ix-nay on the ust-bay. Once the second coming of Kevin Garnett, now he
> looks like the second coming of...
>
> > Jermaine O'Neal
>
>    Yep.
>
> > Anthony Peeler
>
>    Anthony Peeler probably wrecked his trade value by his public crybaby
> act in Vancouver. Trade ultimatums rarely work out (unless you're Charles
> Barkley). Just ask...
>
> > Scottie Pippen
>
>    This was almost too convenient, Larry :) Chicago will never get enough
> to replace him (not to mention what they want for him.. this summer they
> wanted Boston's #3, #6 AND Antoine Walker for the privilige of less than
> an entire season of Schattie). Scottie will stay until the end of the
> year, and quite possibly, stay right were he is signing multiple one year
> jordon type contracts for huge money.
>
> > Brent Price
>
>    He's got Matt Maloney's problems now.
>
> > Mitch Richmond
>
>    Geoff Petrie has been unequivocal in two assertions: If Mitch is to be
> traded, it will be for a player of equal impact and calibre. He has also
> made his incredible lack of pity for Mitch known as well. Nobody put a
gun
> to Mitch Richmond's head and made him sign a deal with Sacramento, and
> yet, he did. His agent didn't plead for the right incentives, and as a
> result, he's underpaid in a small market town. Both of these problems are
> Mitch's own damned fault, and not the Kings'. Sacto has made it perfectly
> clear they're willing to hold onto him until the last second of his
> contract expires.
>
> > Dennis Scott
>
>    And yet, who'll take him? His contract his over in the summer, and
more
> than likely, that's when he'll leave the NBA for good. It was almost
> frightening watching how quickly his stock plummeted (insert RoyNavarrism
> here).
>
> > Joe Smith
>
>    Definitely, but the interest the Celtics had in him earlier has
> apparently waned. Perhaps Denver would deal a pick + chumps?
>
> > Damon Stoudamire
>
>     Almost certainly, but to where? They may have to settle for the
> Houston deal if no other teams will commit to anything more appealing.
The