RE: Hardaway...don't think so but still want to believe it

I disagree.  Orlando has nothing besides Hardaway & they are not going to
lose him like Shaq and need to rebuild.  If someone offered them 2-3 young
players & some draft picks to allow them to rebuild, they would have to
consider it.  Although I am sure Jerry West would be offering the likes of
Eddie Jones, Van Exel, Campbell and other teams will offer other big name
players also.

On Tuesday, February 03, 1998 7:45 PM, Brad Phelps
[SMTP:phelpsbj@gamma.hendrix.edu] wrote:
> 	The day Penny Hardaway arrives in a Celtics uniform as a result of a
trade
> with Chauncey Billups and Travis Knight will be the day that a midget
jumps
> center against Shaquille O'Neal in the NBA Finals.  Give me a break.  It
is
> illogical and any GM who would consider doing this should be fired and
sent
> out of the NBA because it would be dumb.  This trade would make Kevin
> McHale for Joe Barry Carroll look like a fair swap.  However, being the
> intensely loyal Celtics fan that I am, I genuinely hope that such
> incompetence does exist and Hardaway does arrive in Boston.  I think that
> he and Walker might make a pretty good combo, don't you think?  Giving
Rick