Re: The whole truth

-----Original Message-----
From: Gregory Hurst <gh18@juno.com>
To: celtics@igtc.com <celtics@igtc.com>
Date: Tuesday, December 29, 1998 10:52 PM
Subject: Re: The whole truth

>Jim,
>
>That was a good article from the globe!!!!!!!!
>I think that the financial facts of the owners should be made public,
>because the players salaries are public.  We hear how  the union is
>greedy and Hunter is stupid etc..  Well, I disagree.   I have stated from
>the beginning that I side with the players and the union.  Pay the
>players and the season will start!!!!!!

**Seems to me that the players are making a great living as it is.  So much
so that they are in positions to make millions from other avenues such as
commercials and sneaker deals etc.  If you are hinting that they players
deserve to be paid according to what the owners make, I think you are way
off base.  The owners are in the business to make money since they are the
ones who accept the risk that their team could very well lose money with the
onset of any season.  If you mean that Kevin Garnettesque contracts should
be doled out because the union wants them to be, then I hope you like
watching hockey, the CBA and the NCAA.

Cecil