Re: Stupid Idea-Franchise player

>Just a question; If you have a designated franchise player receiving
>approx 35% of your cap, doesn't he in effect become untradeable,
>assuming that the rest of the teams all have designated franchise
>players, no team could have 2 designated franchise players on their
>roster as they would be way over the cap? Besides if you have a
>franchise player who is a stiff, your team would be stuck with him for
>the length of his contract about 6 years.
>
>Regards
>Hart

*** and would not this cause internal problems? everyone would surely
want to be the designated franchise player in order to have a larger
piece of the pie.  Lets take Minnesota for example.  Who would be their
franchise player? Marbury or Garnett?  this will boil down to the battle
between Falk and Fleisher.  The Lakers for instance, would it be Shaq or
Kobe?(its actually Eddie who should get the title of franchise
player-whatever the hell it is). These 2 players would definitely want
to be the designated one not only for money but also to massage their
big egos.  Who would be the franchise player of the Clippers? Olowokandi
who hasnt proven anything? what if Pooh Richardson demands that he
should get the title coz he is the most senior? (far fetched idea, but
just raising some crazy possiblities).  In the case of Miami, Dumbo
Mourning or Tim Hardaway? another brewing clash of egos in this team.
This idea of franchise players is just downright crazy.  It only goes to
show that the agents of the top players intentions to prolong the
lockout is for their own selfish interest.  They are Falking up the
league, and the rich history of the game that we all loved.  Hoping for
a better '99 basketaball season! HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!!

(Falk, Hunter, Tellem, EWING(!!!!!), and Mourning: if you happen to be
lurking in this list, I wish you the opposite of my holiday greetings.
May you all rot and rot and rot in hell!)