Re: FRANCHISE PLAYERS

The hard cap demand is dead.  Has been for months.  The owners have
agreed to retaining the LBE and letting teams sign their own free agents
after using it.  The only substantive demand left is a maximum on
individual players salaries, based on years in the league (how is that
possibly anti-middle class?).  There is nothing stopping a team from
paying all of their players the maximum, if they can afford it.  You
could technically say that's a hard cap of about $150 million, I
suppose.

I agree with whoever said the franchise player idea would lead to all
the Pippens of the league jumping ship to be someone else's franchise
player.

Jim