dirk nowitzki

Basketball note:

Fox Sports Ohio ran a piece Saturday on a U.S. basketball team playing in
Europe, sometime in the last two years.
It was interesting only because Dirk Nowitzki played for the German team that
played the U.S. It was the first time I'd seen any decent footage of the guy.
One amateur's scouting report: Good size, great shooter. Typical European player
in that he played little defense and seemed to play soft, although he was
capable of absorbing contact and still getting his shot off. He was the best
player in the game and finished with 40 points.
Take it for what it's worth, because the U.S. team was made up of a bunch of
low-profile types (Tim Young, Donnie Boyce...). The U.S. team won the game
against the Germans 105-103.

Not exactly scintilating stuff, I'll admit, but at least it's basketball.

Happy holidays everyone,

Mark