fan quotes at CBS/Sportstline

I loved this fan quote at CBS/Sportsline.  I think it is more true than
I want to admit to myself.

Thank god! I only hope it lasts forever! The only people who care are
the bookies who wager on the point spread! Otherwise pro bb is as boring
as girls armwrestling. Why not save the fans the long agony of watching
endless jumping,hi-5s,sweating,close-ups of ugly faces, and silly
fouls---just award both teams 100 points and play for 2 minutes and be
done!!!
                   -- THERULE72

Pretty good closing argument.  I read the comments by some like Gary
Payton, Karl Malone and Charles Barkley and wonder how they can be so
out of touch with reality.  Someone on the players' side is very naive
if they are convincing these guys that the owners will not cancel the
season.  Some articles have claimed that if it wasn't for Stern, the
owners would have already pulled the plug.  What is so bad about 52% of
2 Billion Dollars.  Hell, I'll take about 1% as the agent for all the
players, then let's just divide up the rest.  The agents are treating
this like it is a contract negotiation.  The only way it will be worked
out is to either cancel the season, or declare and impasse and resign
players and play without a contract.
--
Bentz
bocelts@scsn.net