Re: Shaun Powell and Kim have it right.

Then again, it could lead to even more marginal players demanding large
contracts on the basis that, if they do not live up to them, they can be
cut, and even more owners willing to take that chance.  Of course the
team has probably already paid out a large portion of the contract in a
signing bonus.  Teams would also be forced into an all or nothing
situation.  Keep the player and the inflated contract or cut him and get
nothing in return.  No, I believe the best way to address the problem is
to keep the contracts realistic in the first place, in both dollars and
duration.  The players have apparently conceded to a cap on players with
less than seven years in the league.  A step in the right direction and
certainly in the Celtics' interests.  Pay scales for everyone, I say.
Do the negotiating as a group, every few years.  Put the agents out of
work (talk about dirty little secrets).

Jim