Re: Tell the truth

OK, I'm for lower salaries, as you know.  But, isn't this calculation
worthless because it makes it sound like Garnett's salary comes only
from ticket sales?  No TV revenues?  No merchandising?  No arena
signage?  I'm sure the true figure is revolting, none the less.

Regarding your other point, I absolutely agree.  I am a Celtics fan and
do not root for or follow players once they have left the team.  I could
see myself buying tickets for a particular opponent because of a special
player, though.  Eg. in Jordan's early years the Bulls were a pretty
good draw, even though the team wasn't very good.  I fail to see,
however, why this would entitle the players to a certain percentage of
revenues.  Players and teams are all creations of the league and are
worthless outside of it.  The players and owners alike should be
grateful they are associated with such a popular activity and can get
rich from it.

Jim