Another suggestion to end the lockout

OK, this is a rehash of some of my previous ideas, but I think it is
really taking shape, and I hope Stern reads this list....

1.  Agree a share of projected revenues for the players.  Say it's 57%.

2.  Set the cap well BELOW that, say around 47-52%.

3.  Allow teams to match offers made to their free agents regardless of
cap, and a couple of minor exceptions to allow replacing injured
players, signing draft picks etc.  Note, aside from those exceptions,
the team can't pay over their cap unless matching another team's offer,
and the player still choses whose offer to take.

4.  At the end of the year, calculate what the actual percentage of
revenue salaries took.  If it is short of 57%, take the difference and
give it out to the players as bonuses, based on their salary (a sort of
profit sharing).  If it was 52%, that's about 10 million in performance,
but that could be asking too much.
bonuses to be handed out.  I'd love to see this be weighted by team
5.  At the end of the CBA, all you have left to negotiate is the new
percentage, depending on how much profit there has been.

There would be no absolute limits on a player's salary,  what the
players want.  It would be almost certain to keep salaries at the level
agreed, what the owners want.  And, it would allow teams who want to,
and have the money, to keep their stars, what the fans want.  There's no
disrespect because every player gets his market value.

I love this idea.  I wish I had David Stern's phone number.

Jim