Re: A proposal to end the NBA strike

Let me see if I understand.  Team A offers their free agent all of their
cap money, say it's 10 million per year.  Team B beats that by offering
12 million.  Does that mean that team B also has to put 2 million into
an account that Team A can then use on other free agents?  It does sound
like a creative version of the luxury tax, but it seems like the one
team that can't sign the FA is his current team, or am I
misunderstanding.  Is that why you call it the Anti-Bird rule?

If my understanding is correct, I'd consider that a serious flaw.

Jim