Re: Charity begins at home

    Well I kind of  figured before I posted that Jim might enter the
fray with decent points. Actually, I think he's right on his specific
points but who cares? I also don't object to a set of clear working
rules (the CBA) that could obstruct the  more "efficient" laws of supply
and demand, on the assumption that preserving 30+ local NBA franchises
serves some sort of public good. In the name of efficiency, I suppose
you would see a lot more greedy mergers and consolidation (e.g. finals
featuring the "Celtic Wizbockers" vs.. "LA Supersonic Flaming Nuggets").
But IMO what Jim writes in no way adequately defends the position of
Paul "Thanks Dad" Gaston and his felllow owners in 1) not letting the
public see their undoctored accounting books; and 2) refusing
third-party arbitration at this stage of the crisis.

Joe

****