Re: Charity begins at home

No one ever said he was smart....just tall. That's pretty much the
qualification for his job...tall.  Oh, and I'm sure there are a few other
things in there......

Theresa

>Geez, what an effective spokesman the players have to explain their
>position. In the article Bentz posted, Pat Ewing had this to say:
>
>"If you look at people who play professional sports, not a lot of them
>are financially secure," Ewing said. "They make a lot of money, and they
>also spend a lot of money. Me, I'm financially secure, but there a lot
>of others who aren't. Our objective is to help these people. No matter
>how much money they've made throughout their careers, if they're in need
>now, then it's up to us to try and help them."
>
>I wonder if he frequently offers pearls of wisdom like this during
>negotiating sessions between Hunter and Stern.
>

>*****
>R. Bentz Kirby wrote:
>
>> Charity begins at Atlantic City.  So, a meeting in Vegas and a game in
>>
>> Atlantic City.  I guess you gotta gamble if you are gonna get these
>> guys
>> together.
>>
>> http://espnet.sportszone.com/nba/news/1998/981207/00981472.html
>>
>> --
>>
>> Peace,
>>
>> Bentz
>> bocelts@scsn.net
>> http://www.scsn.net/users/sclaw

Theresa Lee
Alumni Officer III, Parent Programs and Telethons
Association of Alumni and Alumnae of MIT
10-140, 77 Mass Ave.
Cambridge, MA 02139
ph: 617-253-8280
tjoyce@mit.edu