Re: Charity begins at home

Geez, what an effective spokesman the players have to explain their
position. In the article Bentz posted, Pat Ewing had this to say:

"If you look at people who play professional sports, not a lot of them
are financially secure," Ewing said. "They make a lot of money, and they
also spend a lot of money. Me, I'm financially secure, but there a lot
of others who aren't. Our objective is to help these people. No matter
how much money they've made throughout their careers, if they're in need
now, then it's up to us to try and help them."

I wonder if he frequently offers pearls of wisdom like this during
negotiating sessions between Hunter and Stern.

*****